The Cannabidiol Chef is back with apps to make you happy. Fall is here, which means NFL Football Sunday’s. That also often calls for some tasty game day treats. Is it possible to enjoy your favorite game day or pub food with CBD at the same time? It sure is. The Cannabidiol Chef is here to show you how with this CBD Infused Jalapeño Popper Recipe.
The first step in this recipe requires creating the base of CBD Cream Cheese. You can also use this CBD Cream Cheese on other items such as bagels, celery, and other healthy snacks.
CBD Cream Cheese Ingredients:
Yield: 3 Cups CBD Cream Cheese
- Large Bowl
- 3 – 8 oz Packages Cream Cheese (Softened)
- Desired Total mg of CBD Oil or CBD Isolate
- Add Softened Cream Cheese to Bowl
- Sprinkle your CBD Isolate Powder or drizzle your CBD Oil into the bowl.
- The total mg used will help determine the individual mg of each CBD Edible that you are making. For example, the CBD Infused Jalapeño Popper Recipe utilizes 10 Jalapeños and 1 Cup of CBD Infused Cream Cheese. 1,000 mg CBD added to the 3 cups cream cheese would yield 333.3 mg per cup. With 10 Jalapeños divided among the cup, each CBD Infused Jalapeño Popper would contain approximately 33.3 mg of CBD.
- With a mixer, blend the cream cheese and CBD together for at least 3 minutes until ingredients are well mixed and incorporated.
This is the base and filling for your poppers. Like The Cannabidiol Chef said, feel free to use the CBD Cream Cheese for anything you may want. It can even make great cheesecake if you want something sweet after your savory poppers.
CBD Infused Jalapeño Popper Recipe Ingredients:
- Large Saucepan
- 10 Jalapeño Peppers
- 1 cup of CBD Cream Cheese (softened to room temp)
- ¼ cup of Bacon Bits (We make them with real bacon, your tastebuds will thank you if you do too.)
- ¼ Teaspoon of Paprika
- ⅓ cup Milk
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix together 1 cup CBD Cream Cheese, 1/4 cup bacon bits, 1/4 tsp paprika, and salt and pepper.
- Cut Jalapeño peppers into halves.
- Using a spoon, stuff the CBD Cream Cheese mix into the pit of each pepper half.
- Prepare three bowls for dipping. Bowl 1: Milk, Bowl 2: Flour, Bowl 3: Bread Crumbs. This will be your batter station.
- Dip the stuffed peppers into the milk then into the flour, making sure to coat well. Set aside. Repeat with all peppers.
- Let the milk and flour coated peppers sit for a few minutes.
- Dip the peppers in milk for a second time, but this time follow with breadcrumbs instead of flour. Repeat until all jalepenos are breaded.
* (Note: I like to allow the peppers to dry for about 10 minutes before frying. Some prefer to dip and fry. You can decide what you like best but my way is to make sure all peppers are coated in the breadcrumbs; repeat the coating steps above if necessary.)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the jalapenos for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Allow peppers to drain on a paper towel before serving. These can be served with ranch or your favorite dipping sauce, but once they have drained you can eat and enjoy! You may also want to have a nice, cold drink handy as they poppers can be hot!