CBD Infused Coconut Macaroon Recipe
Cake. Everyone loves cake. Who doesn’t love cake? We love cake. We also love mini cakes, you know, like Macaroons. What would make a Macaroon even better, CBD of course! The Cannabidiol Chef has put together his favorite CBD Infused Coconut Macaroon recipe for you below.
Edibles are a wonderful way to get the CBD’s you desire in a tasty format or a perfect treat to share with friends and enjoy the benefits of cannabidiol.
Today it is a CBD Infused Coconut Macaroon Recipe, but you can change out the base ingredients, follow the CBD infusion steps, and create a wide variety of CBD Macaroon flavors.
Here’s what you need to get started.
CBD Infused Coconut Macaroon Recipe Ingredients:
- Flaked Coconut – 1 ⅓ Cups
- Sugar – ⅓ Cup
- Flour – 2 Tbs
- Salt – Just a pinch
- Whites of 2 Eggs
- Vanilla Extract – ½ Tsp
- Kerrygold Grass-Fed Butter – 2 Tbs (or any high fat butter).
- Baking Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- CBD Oil Tincture or CBD Isolate
Now, here’s how you make these delightful CBD Infused Macaroons.
- Preheat Oven to 325
- Prep Your Baking Sheet or Biscuit Tray by greasing the pan.
- Combine in a bowl Coconut, Sugar, Flour, and Salt.
- Use your hands to gently mix and break up any clumps of coconut or flour.
- Once mixed, set the bowl aside.
- Crack the 2 eggs and separate the egg whites from the yolk into a bowl.
- Add ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract to the egg whites.
- Whip the egg whites very fast with a whisk or hand mixed until they you achieve a nice frothy blend. This is an important step in this CBD Infused Coconut Macaroon recipe, because without a good whip the whites will run out of the meringue while cooking.
- Add the whisked egg white and vanilla extract mixture to the bowl of coconut and flour.
- Combine the ingredients by tossing with wooden spoons until the dry ingredients have a light, fluffy appearance.
- Scoop out single tablespoon size scoops of the mixture onto the greased baking tray. You should have 10 – 12 scoops (Macaroons) from the recipe depending on scoop size.
- Place the tray into the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes until the macaroons are golden brown. Keep an eye on them, you don’t want to burn the bottom!
- While the Macaroons are baking, prepare the CBD infused chocolate.
- Prepare a double boiler with the bottom pan filled with water and a smaller pan placed above it. Bring the water to a boil and add the butter to the top pan and let it melt. Add the desired amount of CBD Oil from your favorite tincture, we like to use Terphouse’s Vanilla CBD Tincture for a little added flavor.
- Once the butter has melted, add the chocolate to the CBD butter in the bowl.
- As the chocolate melts, fold it gently into the butter using a spatula until you achieve a shiny mix. Allow this to simmer while you prepare to dip the macaroons.
- Remove the Macaroons and let them cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, hold the macaroons from the bottom and dip the tops gently into the Chocolate CBD Sauce. If you want them to be stronger, you can double dip! You can also drizzle the chocolate sauce over the top in strips as well!
- Top the dipped macaroons with chopped nuts of your choice and voila! Enjoy your CBD Infused Coconut Macaroons!
Sign up for The Cannabidiol Chef Newsletter to get more CBD infused recipes sent directly to your inbox!